It’s been a challenging week filled with anxiety, self-doubt, and questioning. Don’t get me wrong, things are actually going pretty…
This Week’s Takeaways – 09/20/2019
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash Some things I’ve been thinking about this week: People don’t want to be managed;…
Travis L. Scott
Sep 20, 2019
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash
Some things I’ve been thinking about this week:
- People don’t want to be managed; they want to be led.
- There’s a difference between leading and managing
- You manage campaigns, programs, projects, and your fantasy football line up. You lead people
- When Fall weather arrives a month early, it can put you in a funk
- When you lose 20 lbs between trade shows/conferences it’s time to buy new pants
- Fear is born out of criticism. Put another way, we fail to act or try new things because of the potential for criticism. From who? Mostly the voice in your head since most other people usually don’t care what you’re trying.
- Habits aren’t just actions and things we do, but thoughts and choices we’ve chosen to ignore
- Success doesn’t happen overnight. If it does, it can also go away overnight
- When you experience ‘the dip’ dig your heels in and keep pushing forward
- When you keep doing, keep writing, keep contributing eventually the right people notice. That’s when it gets fun
- Miracles do indeed happen and you’ll never be able to understand why
- People change careers 12-15 times throughout their life (watch this)
- Your brand doesn’t have to matter to everyone- only the right people
- It’s OK to be uncomfortable when learning something new. That’s how you know you’re doing the right thing.
- When marketing, give people something they want to talk about
- Ideas that spread win. To get them to spread you only need a few people to tell a few people who tell a few people who tell a few people…you get the point. You don’t have to tell a million people, just a few. The right few
- Some people like things that are new just because they’re new. Most people don’t like new things- including new ideas
Be curious. Show up. You can learn a lot in a week.